Please join Bay Planning Coalition for an important thought leadership summit about the future of the Bay Area on June 5th. Due to public health concerns, we have modified this event to take place via Zoom Webinar. We’re very excited about the high profile speaker lineup and we’re pleased to be able to continue with the program despite this pandemic.
In the face of unprecedented transportation, housing, and climate crises, the Bay Area is falling short on delivering vital projects that would help respond to these issues. Our collective inability to timely plan and build crucial infrastructure, housing, and climate adaptation projects is increasingly forcing residents – and businesses – out of the Bay Area. At this year’s Spring Summit, Bay Planning Coalition is bringing together top leaders across the region to explore how the Bay Area can break through regulatory, political, and financial gridlock to expedite project delivery and strengthen both our economic future and quality of life.
We’re pleased to announce Secretary Wade Crowfoot of the California Natural Resources Agency as our keynote speaker, who will highlight his agency’s Cutting Green Tape initiative to improve the permitting and funding efficiencies for ecological restoration projects. The event will also feature top regional experts to explore how we can collectively overcome the challenges associated with delivering our long range planning visions, and showcase numerous cases where interagency collaboration helped break through gridlock to expedite the delivery of projects that are critical to the future vitality of the Bay Area.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Congressman Eric Swalwell, U.S. House of Representatives
- Secretary Wade Crowfoot, California Natural Resources Agency
- Jeff Bellisario, Executive Director, Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Allison Brooks, Executive Director, Bay Area Regional Collaborative
- Kevin Connolly, Planning Director, Water Emergency Transportation Authority
- John Diaz, Editorial Page Editor, San Francisco Chronicle
- Jessica Fain, Planning Director, San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
- Andrew Fremier, Deputy Executive Director, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Amara Morrison, Attorney, Wendel Rosen LLP
- Diane Oshima, Deputy Director of Planning and Environment, Port of San Francisco
- Supervisor Dave Pine, Chair of the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority
- Dave Vautin, Assistant Director of Major Plans, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
To attend, please REGISTER HERE.
Special thanks to all of our committed sponsors. To learn more or become a sponsor, please contact Ashley LaBass (firstname.lastname@example.org)