|Let’s keep it that way by implementing some of the following clean and safe boating practices during this important Holiday:
▪ Prevent oily discharge from the bilge. Practice preventive engine maintenance and use oil absorbents.
▪ Spill-proof your oil changes and fueling.
▪ Do not add soap to disperse fuel and oil spills. It is ILLEGAL and bad for the environment.
▪ Minimize boat cleaning and maintenance in the water. Use alternative for less toxic products.
▪ Reduce toxic discharges from bottom paints. Consider using non-biocide coatings.
▪ Dispose of hazardous waste properly.
▪ Plan ahead! Manage sewage wastes properly and use sewage pumpouts. Check the new Sewage Pumpout App to identify your nearest pumpout!
▪ Stow it, do not throw it and ditch the disposables for reusables! Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
▪ Reduce grey water discharges. Use biodegradable and phosphate free soaps.
▪ Do not spread aquatic invasive species. Clean, drain, and dry your boat.
▪ Be safe, always wear a life jacket.
||Spill-proof your oil changes and fueling.
||Do not add soap to disperse fuel and oil spills. It is ILLEGAL and bad for the environment.
For more clean boating information visit: www.BoatingCleanandGreen.com