To the Regional Advisory Working Group:
Thank you for your ongoing participation and involvement in the Horizon/Plan Bay Area 2050 long-range planning process. We wanted to provide a brief update on the Project Performance Assessment, which will evaluate the region’s largest transportation investments to ensure they provide significant benefits to the Bay Area. We have presented on the draft framework and methodology to the RAWG several times in the spring and summer, and we have now completed multiple rounds of project data collection with partner agencies as well as the general public.
What Projects Will Be Evaluated?
We have released the list of transportation projects that will be undergoing project performance for Horizon and Plan Bay Area 2050, incorporating major project updates as well as submissions from Transformative Projects. The list, available on this webpage, has over 90 projects, including:
- 31 updated uncommitted projects from Plan Bay Area 2040
- 37 new projects submitted by partner agencies (through the Transformative Projects process)
- 12 new projects selected as finalists from the public Transformative Projects process (6 capacity-increasing projects + 6 operational strategies)
- 7 transbay crossing projects (developed through the Crossings Perspective Paper process)
- 7 resilience projects
What Revisions Were Made to the Methodology?
Thank you for all of the feedback we received on the draft methodology during and after the May and August RAWG meetings! We have now released the revised Project Performance Assessment methodology on the same webpage. The revised methodology makes further improvements to the evaluation approach and provides additional clarity throughout; responses to all the specific feedback received have also been included as an attachment.
As an immediate next step, we are preparing the projects to be evaluated by Travel Model 1.5, and we are in the process of reaching out to partner agencies for clarification questions on the submissions. Please see below for a timeline of key milestones:
- Major Projects Update: complete as of summer 2018
- Transformative Projects Solicitation: complete as of fall 2018
- Project Performance Methodology Development: complete as of fall 2018
- Analysis & Model Runs: winter 2019 through summer 2019
- Draft Results Release: expected in September 2019
- Prioritization & Integration of Projects into Plan Bay Area 2050: fall 2019 & winter 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Anup Tapase at email@example.com; staff will also provide a brief overview of the revised methodology and answer questions at an upcoming RAWG meeting.