California Possible Extreme Wildfire Weather
Notice: The information in this report is subject to change and the situation may have evolved since the sending of this report.
Red Flag Warnings:
- A large portion of the state is under Red Flag Warnings through Monday evening and into Tuesday for some regions.
- Map of the current red flag warnings as of Sunday evening is attached.
- Links to for more current information included below under weather resources.
- The California State Operations Center has activated at a level 2 in anticipation of the extreme fire conditions throughout California.
- Inland, Coastal, and Southern Regional Emergency Operations Centers are all activated at level 3.
Public Safety Power Shutoffs:
- Power companies may do public safety power shut offs to minimize the risk of lines starting wildfires.
The next regular weekly CRA wildfire brief is Thursday, but the CRA will monitor the fire situation and do an interim wildfire brief if one or more large wildfires occur.
National Weather Service Fire Weather Map: https://www.weather.gov/fire/
Santa Ana Wildfire Threat Index:https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/psp/sawti#8/33.995/-119.192
Weather Watches, Warnings or Advisories for California: https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/ca.php?x=1
Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Resources
CPUC Fire Threat Maps: https://ia.cpuc.ca.gov/firemap/
- PSPS Policies & Procedures Guide (Sept 2018): https://www.pge.com/pge_global/common/pdfs/safety/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfires/Public-Safety-Power-Shutoff-Policies-and-Procedures-September-2018.pdf
- PSPS Address Search: https://m.pge.com/?WT.pgeac=Wildfire_Community-Tab2-Impacted#high-fire-threat-map
Southern California Edison
San Diego Gas & Electric
- PSPS Information: https://www.sdge.com/wildfire-safety/public-safety-power-shutoffs