|The June 6, 2014, issue of ACWA News is now available online. With water at the forefront of public attention to a degree not seen in a generation, the next four weeks promise to be a critical time for legislative action on a water bond for the November 2014 ballot.
Legislative leaders in both the Assembly and Senate are now engaging in the water bond discussion, and negotiations are taking place in both houses to determine which bills will emerge as the main vehicle in each house.
The association is working with coalition partners to ensure that key elements of two ACWA-supported bills — AB 2686 by Assembly Member Henry Perea (D-Fresno) and SB 1250 by Sen. Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) — are incorporated into the ultimate bond vehicles and problematic provisions are left out.
Other stories this issue, which is only available online, include:
- State Water Board Issues Curtailment Notices to Thousands of Junior Rights Holders in California
- Groundwater Fixes Require Local Control and State Backstop, Speakers Tell Food & Ag Board
- ACWA-Supported Groundwater Bills Move Forward in the Legislature
- Bipartisan WRRDA Bill Awaiting President Obama’s Signature
- Chromium-6 Drinking Water Standard Set to Become Effective July 1