Dear Colleagues and Friends:
I’m pleased to let you know that PG&E Corporation’s 2012 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report is now available: www.pgecorp.com/sustainability
Through in-depth videos, stories, data, and other information, the online report shares the progress we are making toward providing safe, reliable, and affordable service in a sustainable way—building a better PG&E for our customers, communities, employees, and the environment.
In fact, PG&E was honored to be named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index last week for its ongoing commitment across the economic, environmental, and social dimensions of sustainability.
Key environmental highlights from last year include:
- Delivering clean energy to our customers, with more than half of the electricity coming from a combination of renewable and greenhouse gas-free resources.
- Helping customers save more than $300 million on their energy bills through energy efficiency, which also avoided more than 900,000 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Partnering with VIA Motors Inc. to test a first-of-its-kind extended range pick-up truck, capable of running on electric power for the first 40 miles and also offering exportable power to run tools and lights.
- Meeting our energy, water, and waste reduction goals for office facilities and service yards, staying on track toward our five-year goals.
- Instituting a set of environmental performance standards for our top tier suppliers—setting clear expectations and promoting greater transparency, rigor, and accountability.
As we move forward, we appreciate your ongoing engagement with PG&E. I invite you to review our report and provide your feedback on the report and our performance.
Thank you for your continued interest in PG&E, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Director – Environmental Policy