Greetings ART Bay Area Regional Working Group (RWG),
Thanks very much to those of you who were able to join us in Richmond (or tune in online) on Tuesday, June 19th. The group’s insights and questions during the breakout sessions helped us identify the ways in which the shared vulnerabilities of shorelines assets and communities are connected and interrelated.
The meeting provided an opportunity for the RWG and project team to:
· Discuss how ART Bay Area is leveraging parallel initiatives around the region on:
· Operational Landscape Units (OLUs) (with the San Francisco Estuary Institute and SPUR)
· Ecosystem service modeling (with the Natural Capital Project)
· Assessments of regional interdependence of the Bay shoreline (with the RISER Project, Berkeley)
· Review an example of how the project team is aggregating results at the OLU and regional scale