Included in this month’s report:
• Parsing the Year-to-Date Numbers – Overall numbers for ports across the nation are up
• Commentary by Jock O’Connell: CARB vs. Ports– Is California balancing environmental policy goals with real world competitive challenges?
• Commentary by Thomas Jelenic: It wasn’t the recession and it’s not the expanded Panama Canal. A look at San Pedro Bay ports growth, or the lack thereof, versus other North American ports over the last ten years.
• Up and Down: Container Dwell Time: Port volumes go up – as does dwell time.
• By The Numbers: Marine Terminal Cargo handling Equipment has fractional impact on emission contributions to the South Coast Air Basin