| For many of us the summer recess has come to an end, the out of office messages have been switched off and it’s back to work again!
Get ready for many interesting events on the agenda: the 4th International Ports and Terminal Engineering Congress, organised with the support of PIANC Colombia, will take place on September 19-21, 2016 and in October all PIANC Delegates are expected in the exotic city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for another ExCom and Council meeting, as well as the ninth edition of PIANC-COPEDEC. Preparations for the Conference are running smoothly and we hope that many of you will attend both the fall meetings and the Conference. Please also note that there will be a workshop on October 19 organised by PIANC InCom, ANTAQ and ECLAC. More information about all these events can be found in this newsletter.
We would also like to remind you about the upcoming ICOPMAS Conference, to be held in Tehran, Iran on October 31-November 2, 2016. Don’t miss out on this interesting event and visit the Conference website for more details and information.
Enjoy reading ‘Sailing Ahead’!
· PIANC WG 189 – ‘Fatigue of Hydraulic Steel Structures’
· 2nd Meeting PIANC WG 191 – ‘Composites for Hydraulic Structures’
· South Korea Gets Technical Advice from PIANC RecCom
· PIANC RecCom WG 149 – ‘Guidelines for Marina Design’, Parts 1 and 2 Published
· Next PIANC RecCom – ICOMIA IMG Joint Meeting in Amsterdam on November 20, 2016
· PIANC Orientation Paper on ‘Ecosystem Services in the Waterborne Transport Infrastructure Sector’
· Think Climate!
· Inaugural Event for PIANC USA Young Professionals in Washington and Baltimore
· PIANC USA Young Professionals Washington, D.C. Chapter
· 13th Technical Sessions of YP-Com Spain on October 2-3, 2016
· Singapore Becomes Qualifying Member of PIANC
Tags: infrastructure, PIANC, water transportation