Community, labor leaders named to Port of Oakland Commission
Andreas Cluver, Arabella Martinez; nominated by Mayor, appointed by Council
Oakland, Calif.–Feb. 10, 2016– Local labor leader Andreas Cluver and long-time community leader Arabella Martinez have been appointed to the Oakland Board of Port Commissioners. They join the Board Feb. 11.
The City Council appointed Mr. Cluver, Secretary-Treasurer of the Alameda County Building and Construction Trades Council, and Ms. Martinez, Vice-Chair of the Latino Community Foundation Board of Trustees at its meeting Feb. 2. Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf nominated them.
Mr. Cluver’s experience includes:
– Secretary-Treasurer, Alameda County Building Trades Council
– Program Director, AFL-CIO, Southern Africa
– Compliance Officer, Northern California Electrical Construction Industry
– Founder aNd first CEO, Unity Council, Oakland
– Assistant Secretary for the Office of Human Development Services, U.S. Department of Health Education and Welfare
– President, Center for Policy Development, Oakland, CA, and Washington D.C.
Port Commissioners Andreas Cluver and Arabella Martinez were sworn into office by Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf. More on the new Port Commissioners is available HERE.
About the Port of Oakland:
# # #
Tags: Port of Oakland, ports