|A spectacular fireworks display and a concert at the Port of Redwood City cap off a huge Fourth of July celebration in Redwood City.
The fireworks will be able to be seen from several areas in Redwood City.Livewire, a high-energy six-piece dance cover band, will perform at the Port from 7:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. Livewire showcases an eclectic mix of the best songs from the 70’s and 80’s through current rock and dance hits, the band covers a wide range of music, from Journey to Michael Jackson, to the Black Eyed Peas & LMFAO. Learn more http://www.lwband.com/
The fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m., sponsored by Rocketfuel (presenting sponsor), Sares Regis, Informatica, Sims Metal Management, San Mateo Credit Union, Recology, the City of Redwood City, and the Port of Redwood City.
As in previous years there will be traffic restrictions in the Port area and on Seaport Boulevard.As reported by the City, street closures and parking restrictions:
- Seaport Boulevard or other local streets may be closed by the Police Department as needed to control the flow of vehicles into the Port area.
- Public parking in the Seaport Court area is limited and shared by the marina tenants and the Sequoia Yacht Club. The west-bound curb along Seaport Boulevard from Seaport Court to the entrance to Pacific Shores may be used for additional public parking.
- Parking in the unimproved area along the frontage road and railroad tracks will not be permitted.
- Seaport at Blomquist will be closed when the designated parking areas on Seaport Boulevard reach approx. 80% of capacity (est. 110 vehicles). The time is estimated to be approx. 7:00 pm.
- The port parking lot on Chesapeake can be opened to overflow parking for any additional vehicles remaining in the closed areas of Seaport Boulevard.
- Maple @ Veterans Boulevard will be closed when Blomquist and Maple Street parking becomes full.
- After the conclusion of the fireworks, Blomquist will be closed at Seaport Boulevard to allow for westbound traffic only.
Earlier in the day in downtown Redwood City, be sure to check out the 77th annual Independence Day Parade and the 29th annual Independence Day Festival. The festival is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the parade starts at 10 a.m.
A parade run is scheduled for 8:45 a.m. at the corner or Arguello and Bradford Street, with proceeds benefiting music programs funded by the Redwood City Education Foundation. A 5K race is open to runners, walkers, and strollers of all ages. More information at http://www.paraderun.org/ The course map is at https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zS50gV7km3_k.kMa-nJ9ZXPzc&usp=sharing
Check out a pancake breakfast with proceeds benefitting the Redwood City Firefighters Association from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Redwood City Fire Department at 755 Marshall Street.
The downtown festival features arts and crafts booths, a kids area, food and beverages, and information booths.
For full details about the parade and festival, visit