Don’t Miss Out! Hotel Reservation Deadline is TODAY!
The hotel reservation deadline is today. Register now and make your hotel reservations!
Please join us for the fourth annual ACWA Regulatory Summit at the South Lake Tahoe Resort (formerly Embassy Suites) on August 13-14, 2014!
“Looking Upstream: Managing California’s Headwaters for Sustainability”
Federal, State and Local Expert Speakers Experts will inform and update attendees on the management of California’s headwaters. Barnie Gyant, Deputy Regional Forester for Natural Resources, U.S. Forest Service will deliver the keynote luncheon address.
For specific speaker information click on this link<http://link.coremotivesmarketing.com/c/306/add396f51e2113f92e568e7110c0924e22074e5da33c1b6147165a6fab05db31> to view the Summit’s agenda.
Federal, state and local speakers will address topics that include:
* Critical updates on the federal Clean Water Act
* How local areas – from Tahoe to Santa Ana to San Bernardino – manage forests for water quality and reliability
* An update on the SFPUC Upper Tuolumne River Ecosystem Program
* How marijuana cultivation and forest pests are impacting water quality and supply
* Leadership from ACWA’s Headwaters Framework Workgroup will provide an inside look at ACWA’s latest major policy document to advance sustainable management of California’s headwaters
This event begins on August 13 with a tour of the Angora Fire recovery efforts and a watershed restoration project area. The tour takes place from noon to 4 p.m. (separate registration is required).
Following the tour, ACWA will hold its first-ever poster session for attendees during an evening welcome reception.
If you have any questions contact ACWA’s Member Services & Events. We look forward to seeing you there!
Registration deadline is July 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM, PST
Tags: events, water