The May 23 issue of ACWA News is now available online. This issue looks back at the 2014 ACWA Spring Conference & Exhibition on May 6-9. Nearly 1,700 local and state water leaders from throughout California gathered in Monterey to explore topics ranging from drought to sustainable groundwater management to reducing the amount of water used in producing beer. The four-day event, themed “Running on Empty: Investing to Move the Needle,” was held at the Monterey Conference Center and surrounding hotels.
Other stories this issue include:
* Conference Keynotes from Pat Mulroy, Kim Marotta and Others
* Public Awareness of Water and Drought at All-Time High, Pollster Says
* Jerry Brown Delivers Video Message to ACWA at Spring Conference
* Governor’s Revised State Budget Proposal Bolsters Drought Funding and Save Our Water Campaign
* Reclamation Updates Central Valley Project Water Supply for South-of-Delta Contractors