The Bay Area Air Quality Management District invites you to a workshop on the Clean Air Plan and to initiate development of a Bay Area Climate Protection Strategy.
When: February 28, 2014
9:30 am – 11:30 am
Where: Air District Office, 7th Floor
939 Ellis Street, San Francisco
The purpose of the workshop is:
- To kick off the planning process for updating the Clean Air Plan
- To initiate the planning process to develop a Climate Protection Strategy for the Bay Area, which will be included as new element of the Clean Air Plan
- To report progress on implementing the control measures in the 2010 Clean Air Plan
- To solicit ideas and strategies to further reduce ozone precursors (nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds), particulate matter, toxic air contaminants, and greenhouse gases
- To seek input on innovative strategies to reduce greenhouse gases, mechanisms for tracking progress in reducing GHGs, and how the Air District may further support actions to reduce GHGs
- To describe future steps and the overall schedule in developing the Clean Air Plan update and Bay Area Climate Protection Strategy
Contact: Christy Riviere at 415-749-4925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: http://www.baaqmd.gov/Divisions/Planning-and-Research/Plans/Clean-Air-Plan-Update.aspx
The workshop will be webcasted LIVE! on the above listed web site.