10 Reasons to Register Today for the 2014 Bay Planning Coalition Decision Makers Conference:
1) Curious about the rumored plans for a ballpark on the Oakland shoreline? Curious about the much-discussed plans for a basketball stadium on the San Francisco waterfront? Hear from Oakland City Administrator Fred Blackwell andGolden State Warriors President and COO Rick Welts!
2) Get the cold hard facts about rising sea levels and increased storm surges and flood risks from John Englander, author of High Tide on Main Street, and help shape the conversation on actions the Bay Area can take to be adaptable and resilient in the face of the coming crisis.
3) Learn about a topic on everyone’s mind: The 2014 Drought and Prospects for Agricultural Trade, an address from Karen Ross, Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
4) Hear from three members of the United States Congress: John Garamendi, Barbara Lee and Eric Swalwell – don’t miss this valuable opportunity to ask questions of our representatives in Washington!
5) Wondering about the recently proposed rule governing Clean Water Act jurisdiction over streams and wetlands? Get the inside scoop from Brigadier General C. David Turner, Commander of the South Pacific Division of the US Army Corps of Engineers.
6) Witness the presentation of TWO achievement awards to notable leaders in our community this year. Stay tuned for details!
7) Hear about how a local sanitary district is putting the Horizontal Levee idea into action from Mr. Jeremy Lowe of ESA.
8) Learn about the changing uses of the Bay Area shoreline, as housing, recreation, retail and new manufacturing join traditional industrial and maritime uses. What does this mean for our economy, environment and quality of life?
9) Stay in the know about Bay-related management, planning, permitting and economic development.
10)Take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity to network and mingle with maritime, shoreline, industry, business and government leaders from around the region and state!
Friday, May 16, 2014
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
breakfast & registration at 7:45 am
Oakland Scottish Rite Center