Third annual ACWA Regulatory Summit at Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach in Oxnard, CA on August 14, 2013
Past, Present and Future: Effectively Managing California’s Groundwater Resources
The Summit will include topics such as:
- It’s Finally Here: Draft CA Maximum Contaminant Level for Hexavalent Chromium
- UCMR3 Early Results: What Have We Found and What Does it Mean?
- Superfund or Super Waste of Time: After 30 Years is CERCLA Meeting the Needs of Water Agencies?
- Salt and Nutrient Management Planning in the Central Valley: “We Can Do it Here and You Can Do it Anywhere”
- Energy-Groundwater Nexus
- ASR is A-OK: Developing an Effective Aquifer Storage and Recovery Project
- Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing in California: A Wastewater and Water Quality Perspective
The day will conclude with, “Groundwater’s Regulatory Future in California” — a meaningful discussion on where groundwater management and future regulations are headed. Are local/regional activities enough to sustain California’s basins for the future or does the state need to step in?
An exhibit area is located adjacent to the meeting rooms. Exhibitors with topical posters or services are invited to submit a Tabletop Exhibit Space Application.
We are also holding the Groundwater Committee meeting the day before (August 13) at the same location.
A continental breakfast will be available (Aug. 14, 8-9 a.m.) and lunch will also be served between meetings.
To register for this event, please CLICK HERE. Hotel reservation information can be found HERE. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Member Services & Events. Hope to see you there!