The Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) later this month will release for public review and comment the Draft Plan Bay Area and the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR). This will start the public comment period for the long-range plan that has been discussed and developed over the past two years.
What’s Being Released for Public Review:
- Comment on the Draft Plan Bay Area (release date Friday, March 22, 2013; close of comment period, 4 p.m., Thursday, May 16, 2013).
- Comment on the Draft EIR, which examines the proposed plan and four alternatives and analyzes the range of potential environmental impacts that could result from the implementation of Plan Bay Area (release date Friday, March 29, 2013; close of comment period, 4 p.m., Thursday, May 16, 2013).
- Comment on the Draft 2013 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), which implements Plan Bay Area by identifying surface transportation projects over the next six years that are regionally significant or will receive federal funds (release date Friday, March 29, 2013; close of comment period, 4 p.m., Friday, May 3, 2013).
- Comment on the Draft Transportation-Air Quality Conformity Analysis for Plan Bay Area and the Draft 2013 TIP (release date Friday, March 29, 2013; close of comment period, 4 p.m., Friday, May 3, 2013).
Plan Bay Area
Plan Bay Area looks forward to the year 2040 and charts a course for the Bay Area’s first ever Sustainable Communities Strategy, accommodating needed housing growth within our nine counties while at the same time decreasing greenhouse gas emissions from cars and light trucks.
Open Houses and Public Hearings Offered in All Nine Bay Area Counties
Attend an Open House to view displays and learn about the Draft Plan Bay Area. Provide oral comments on the Draft Plan at the Public Hearing or leave written comments at the comment station during the Open House. No registration is needed. For transit directions, visit 511.org.
Open House Hours: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Public Hearing Hours: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Monday, April 8, 2013
Napa County: Elks Lodge, 2840 Soscol Ave., Napa
Sonoma County: Friedman Center, 4676 Mayette Ave., Santa Rosa
Thursday, April 11, 2013
San Francisco County: Whitcomb Hotel, 1231 Market St., San Francisco
Monday, April 22, 2013
Solano County: County Fairgrounds, McCormack Hall, 900 Fairgrounds Dr., Vallejo
Contra Costa County: Marriott Hotel, 2355 North Main St., Walnut Creek
Monday, April 29, 2013
Marin County: Marin Center, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael
San Mateo County: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1221 Chess Drive, Foster City
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Alameda County: Mirage Ballroom, 4100 Peralta Blvd., Fremont
Santa Clara County: Hilton Hotel, 300 Almaden Blvd., San Jose
For more information:
- Go to www.OneBayArea.org to view or print a copy of the Draft Plan.
- Email email@example.com .
Plan Bay Area Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
Three public hearings are scheduled as an opportunity to provide oral comments. Oral comments on the Draft EIR also can be made at the Plan Bay Area public hearings listed above.
April 16, 2013
April 16, 2013
April 17, 2013
|10 a.m. to 12 p.m.||7 p.m. to 9 p.m.||1 p.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Embassy Suites Hotel,
|Joseph P. Bort MetroCenter Auditorium||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Library, Rooms 225/229
|101 McInnis Parkway
|101 8th Street
|150 E. San Fernando St.
|Submit Comments Multiple Ways