Workshop to Build a Disaster Resilient Region
Where: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
How: The Workshop will engage Bay Area stakeholder organizations to discuss and provide input on several high-priority issues and what needs to be done to enhance Bay Area disaster recovery capabilities:
- Transitioning from response to recovery decision-making: who and how?
- Planning for long-term housing for displaced residents and rebuilding homes and businesses
- Enhancing resilience by developing regional capabilities through innovative use of technologies
- Keeping businesses in the Bay Area
- Financing needed actions before and after disaster strikes to speed recovery
We Need Your Help!
- Local and regional government organizations
- Businesses, business associations, and unions
- Community and educational institutions and social service organizations
- Utilities and other service providers
- Hospitals and health care providers
- Organizations that focus on environmental issues, economic development, and housing and construction
- State and federal agency partners
More information about the Initiative http://quake.abag.ca.gov/resilience